At Small World Learning Center your infant will be cared for by loving and nurturing caregivers who quickly respond to meet your child’s individual needs and who regularly interact with him or her.
All infants will have the opportunity to learn baby sign language as a means of facilitating early communication needs.
Each infant has an individual feeding and sleeping schedule. Infants will rotate through the following activities each day:
- Teacher time – rocking, face-to-face verbal interaction, singing, reading a book
- Tummy play time – place infant on tummy surrounded by a variety of safe toys from which to select
- Back time – place infant on back, providing toys to see, reach, squeeze, hear, etc.
- Outdoor time (weather permitting) – swing, stroller walk, crawl, pull up, etc.
- Music time – listening, bells, singing, rhythm
- Diapering time – teacher interaction, special toys, listening, poems (all children will have a minimum of one diaper check per hour or more when necessary)
- Individual story time – caregiver reads board books with large bright pictures and possible touch and sound options
Your infant will be cared for by loving and nurturing caregivers who quickly respond to meet your child’s individual needs and who regularly interact with him or her. All infants will have the opportunity to learn baby sign language as a means of facilitating early communication needs. Staff to infant ratio is 1:3-4
What The Parents Say
“As first-time parents, we were apprehensive about sending our three-month-old son to daycare, but after meeting the staff at Small World Learning Center and touring the facility, we felt very comfortable about leaving our baby there. They really helped ease our transition back to work after maternity leave with peace of mind that our son was in good hands. I loved being able to see him during my lunch break to nurse or just visit. We love SWLC and our son does too!”
“SWLC is the loving, thoughtful, learning environment we’ve always wanted for our son. We are so happy to be a part of it!”
“What I appreciate about SWLC: The teachers really work hard to put my son first. The small class size is ideal for preschoolers. Healthy food and snacks and a Christian environment. Family nights make the school feel like a small family.”